Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blog #1: Introduction of Self


Hello my fellow Classmates & Professor!

My name is Amy Guan, and I’m currently 19 years old. I am a transfer student from Cornell College in Iowa. The reason why I transferred out of the school was because of academic and financial issues. Cornell College is a unique college, almost one of a kind. It is designed to have One-Course-At-A-Time so basically students take one class for 18 days. Imagine taking classes like American Politics, Environmental Perspectives, Ethics, and Psychology for 18 days each? That’s what I did. Every day was like intense study day. There was not enough time in a day to join any clubs, work, or even hang out with friends. Here at LaGuardia Community College we do things back to the old school way of 2 terms a year instead of 8 terms; which I highly appreciate even if I have to take 5 classes a week.

To be honest, I used to hate New York because I have been in New York for my whole life. I hated the dirty and crowded trains, tall buildings that blocked the sun, and how little green we see in the city. That was one reason why I wanted to go out-state for college. As an Environmental Science major I wanted to see more greens instead of tall gloomy buildings. But going off to Iowa for half a year I missed everything I hated about New York. In Iowa I couldn’t go anywhere because there were no such things as the MTA transit system and I had to look for a ride to even just go to a movie theater or do some shopping. Back in New York, I just can’t imagine life without the MTA transit system no matter how much I used to complain about how slow the trains are or how dirty the train system is. Can anyone imagine life without the MTA? 

No comments:

Post a Comment